Admin Assistant Vacancy
- Grade 6 Scale point 12-17 £22,368 - £24,491 (FTE)
- 37 hours per week
- 40 weeks (Term time plus 1 week)
- Working hours: 08:00-16:00 (Monday-Friday)
- Closing date: Wednesday 12th May 2021
- To start as soon as possible
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate to be part of the ‘Bassett Green family’ within a busy support team. They will work within a fulfilling front office environment which plays a vital function of the school where each child is at the heart of everything we do.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, caring, friendly and well-organised colleague to provide reception front of house duties along with admissions, attendance and administrative support.
Our role will be working term time only with an additional week prior to the start of the new academic year 2021.
The right candidates will be enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated and be able to prioritise their workload and work under pressure with interruptions as part of a school environment.
Key tasks will include: -
- General administrative and receptionist duties including answering the telephone and greeting visitors, overseeing the post and parcel deliveries
- Maintaining school attendance records, liaising with the school’s DSL, Educational Welfare Officer and Headteacher
- Dealing with new pupil admissions, in year transfers and new intake and pupil leavers
- Managing and maintaining our information management systems, SIMS and Tucasi
- Providing support with the school’s weekly cash reconciliation
- Preparing and collating data for the school census for each term
- Provide support and arrange school trip bookings
- Providing administrative support to SBM and Headteacher
- To provide welfare support to the pupils of the school. Including minor first aid duties, assisting children with personal hygiene and notifying parents when children are ill
We can offer the successful candidate a supportive, welcoming and friendly working environment working together to achieve one goal to provide the best education and learning outcomes for our children. We also offer staff wellbeing incentives for example fresh fruit available, teas, coffees, milk and biscuits and encourage social gatherings & team building exercises. We feel that it is important to recognise that work should and can provide more than just an income. We will also provide training where appropriate for the candidate if the job requires it.
This vacancy will be subject to SCC Safer Recruitment procedures, including an enhanced DBS check. Please contact the School business manager, Sarah Bradshaw on 02380 676 262 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss the role in more detail, or to arrange to visit the school.
To submit an application, please complete the application form, post or email email@example.com by the closing date of Wednesday 12th May 2021 by 12 noon. Please note, we do not accept CV’s. Many thanks.
Interviews will take place on Monday 17th May, you must be available for the duration of the day.