Lemon & Raspberry trifles
- 250g lower fat soft cheese
- 125g low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 30g caster sugar
- ½ lemon zest finely grated and 1tbsp juice
- 250g frozen raspberries defrosted, fresh would also work well
- 8 sponge fingers broken into pieces
- Per adult portion (i.e. ¼ recipe)
- 12g protein
- 6g fat of which 3.5g saturates
- 25g carbohydrate of which 22g sugars
- 2g dietary fibre
- 296mg sodium
- 0.7g salt
Treat yourselves to this easy dessert with its wonderful raspberry sauce.
Serves: 4 adults
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 0 mins
What to do:
Beat the soft cheese with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy, then stir in the yoghurt. Add 1 tbsp of caster sugar with the lemon zest and juice, mixing well.
Put half the raspberries to one side, then puree the rest with a blender or simply mash them with a fork or potato masher. Stir them into the whole raspberries and add the rest of the caster sugar.
Divide the sponge fingers between 4 serving glasses or ramekin dishes and spoon half the raspberry mixture on top. Now spoon the lemon mixture into the dishes and finish off with the rest of the raspberry mixture. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
If you make this recipe without the sponge fingers, it's suitable for anyone with a wheat allergy too.
Try serving the raspberry mixture spooned over fresh fruit, low-fat natural yoghurt, low-fat ice cream or hot porridge - it tastes superb!
Notes: This recipe has been taken from the Change4Life 'Supermeals for under a fiver' cookbook